Restore the Strength and Look of Damaged Teeth
At OC Dental Studio, we strive to exceed our patients’ expectations by providing them with thorough preventive care using the most advanced dental technology. We offer custom-crafted dental crowns that are virtually indistinguishable from the rest of your mouth, so you laugh, chew, and speak with complete confidence. Remember that dental problems only get worse with time, so if you have any out-of-the-ordinary symptoms or broken teeth in Santa Ana, be sure to contact your dentist as soon as possible so we can restore the integrity of your grin.
Why Choose OC Dental Studio For Dental Crowns?
- Custom-Designed Restorations
- Non-Judgmental Dental Care
- Advanced Dental Technology
What Are Dental Crowns?
Dental crowns in Santa Ana are custom-created caps that fit over the visible portion of your tooth. They’re designed specifically to provide your damaged, weakened, or decayed tooth with support, restoring its strength and size. At OC Dental Studio, we craft our crowns from high-quality materials that look natural and last a long time. That way, you won’t have to worry about getting a new one every few years.
The process typically takes place over two appointments to our office. When you first visit us, Dr. Comfort will assess the damage of your tooth and whether it needs a crown. To compensate for the thickness of the restoration, she’ll remove a small portion of your damaged tooth and take impressions of it. After about two weeks, our dental laboratory will send us your permanent, custom-made crown crafted to Dr. Comfort’s specifications. She’ll then call you in for your final appointment, where she’ll permanently cement it to your tooth for added strength and protection.
What Are The Benefits of Crowns?
Our restorations are made from durable, high-quality materials like ceramic and porcelain. They can last up to 15 years with the proper care and offer patients a variety of benefits, including:
- Easy maintenance
- Protection from harmful oral bacteria
- Strength for better chewing
- Improving the appearance of damaged teeth
- Concealing severe discoloration
- Restoring the function of cracked and decayed teeth
- Replacing silver crowns with a more natural-looking alternative
How Do I Know If I Need a Dental Crown?
Dental crowns are incredibly versatile restorations. At OC Dental Studio, we commonly suggest them for patients who need to:
- Protect a tooth that has been weakened.
- Hold together a broken or fractured tooth and protect it from further damage.
- Replace a large filling.
- Attach a dental bridge to replace missing teeth.
- Replace a missing tooth by retaining it with an implant.
- Restore the size and shape of a tooth.
- Protect a tooth after root canal therapy.
How Do I Take Care Of My Dental Crown?
With the proper care, you can reduce the chances of damaging your crown, increasing its lifespan. To keep your restoration healthy and looking great, be sure to:
- Brush your teeth twice each day for two minutes using fluoride toothpaste.
- Floss your teeth at least once a day.
- Be mindful while you’re eating sticky, hard, or chewy foods.
- Visit Dr. Comfort every six months for a checkup and cleaning.
Contact OC Dental Studio
Do you have any questions? Are you ready to schedule a first appointment with Dr. Comfort? We’d love to hear from you! Just fill in the short form and a member of our team will reach out to you right away.